The number of reported corona cases in Germany has been rising steadily for weeks. the summer wave but is noticeable throughout Europe. This is how the media report Greece significant increases in incidence, especially in popular holiday regions. In Heraklion on Crete, the number has increased by almost 180 percent, in Agios Nikolaos by almost 250 percent.
Similar reports are currently coming out Spain, Italy and France. Portugal now has a seven-day incidence of according to official data more than 900 – the highest value in the whole EU. The authorities of the first countries are now taking consequences in view of the high holiday season.
3G rule on entry: Stricter corona rules apply again in these countries
The 3G rule still applies to entry into the following countries:
- Finland: 3G from 15 years, recovery valid for a maximum of six months, unvaccinated people need a negative PCR test
- France: 3G from 12 years, recovery valid for a maximum of six months, unvaccinated need negative PCR test
- Malta: 3G from 12 years, recovery valid for a maximum of six months, unvaccinated people need a negative PCR test or antigen test, quarantine hotel in the event of non-compliance
- Monaco: 3G from 12 years, recovery valid for a maximum of six months, unvaccinated need negative PCR test
- Portugal (excluding Madeira and Azores): 3G from 12 years, recovery valid for a maximum of six months, PCR test for unvaccinated people
Due to the current infection situation, it is quite possible that other countries will tighten their travel regulations. Travelers should therefore definitely find out more about the Entry rules in the respective country inform. This is possible, for example, on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
For people who already vaccinated against Corona three times the return of the 3G rule is basically unproblematic. The EU has only recently validated the vaccination certificates until the end of July 2023 extended, until then they will also be recognized in the member states in the case of the 3G rule. Who so far only one second vaccination received should check his vaccination certificate again: Nine months after the second vaccination dose it loses its validity. The booster vaccination, on the other hand, has so far been valid indefinitely. Of the recovered status usually already expires in the EU member states after 180 daysi.e. six months.
Even with boosted people it can happen that the certificate has to be renewed. However, this has a technical background. According to the Robert Koch Institute, a new update of the CovPass app should fix this problem. So before you go on holiday, it’s worth taking a look at the app, an update may be necessary.
Those who travel by plane should plan a little more time at the moment. Some airports have fewer staff than usual due to illness, among other things. This recently caused chaos at Nuremberg Airport, for example. In order to save some time and stress, it is advisable to book in advance check in online. Many airlines offer online check-in from 24 hours before the flight. In some cases it is even possible to submit the 3G proof there, for example with the airlines in the KLM Group. This saves you another check at the airport.