Lufthansa currently offers cheap business class flights to Colombia in conjunction with its subsidiary Eurowings Discover and with partners in the Star Alliance. Departing from Madrid you can travel to Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla or Pereira for €1390. There are availabilities mainly in January and in March 2023.
The Business Class Basic fare includes lounge access, a free seat reservation and, of course, catering on board. You are also allowed to carry 2 x 32kg checked baggage and 2 x 8kg hand baggage.
In addition to Madrid, it is also possible to take off from other cities in Spain, such as Barcelona, Bilbao or Valencia. However, the availability there is somewhat worse, and the best price search is not available for all combinations.
The best way to find the offer is via the Lufthansa best price search. Alternatively, you can also use our form to book on Lufthansa.com. Please note that there is mostly availability in the January and in March 2023 are. Very occasionally available dates in February 2023 can also be found. However, this depends on your travel destination:
First you will fly with Lufthansa in an A320 family aircraft from Madrid to Frankfurt. The same seats await you on board this feeder flight as in Economy Class, but the middle seat remains empty. The legroom is 71 cm.
After this flight you will take a seat in an Airbus A330-300 of the LH subsidiary Eurowings Discover, which will fly you from Frankfurt to Panama City. Since the Eurowings Discover A330-300 machines had different previous owners and have not received a new cabin layout, you can expect either the Business Class seat from Edelweiss or the seat from Lufthansa. Both products are lie-flat seats.
After connecting in Panama City, you will fly Copa Airlines Business Class to your final destination. Copa Airlines Boeing 737s have a 2-2 Business Class layout.
Please note that you have to start the journey in Madrid. It is not allowed to let the Lufthansa feeder flight from Madrid lapse. On the way back, however, it is possible not to take the last flight. If you are traveling with checked baggage, you should book tickets with an overnight stay in Frankfurt if possible.
Unfortunately, it is not clear how long the flights can be booked. There are availability in January and March 2023, occasionally also in February 2023. The availability depends heavily on your destination and the travel period. Apparently the minimum stay is 10 days.
To search for the cheapest dates, we only recommend the Lufthansa best price search. Google Flights usually does not show the cheap tickets. You can then book directly with Lufthansa.
The flights from Madrid to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Panama City are issued in booking class P. The flights from Panama City to your final destination are usually in Copa booking class D. So the mileage credit with the destination Medellin should look like this:
- 13,738 award miles + 2,748 PQP with United MileagePlus
- 13,022 miles at Air Canada Aeroplan
- 5,000 award miles + 14,296 status miles with Miles&More
- 4,470 kilometers at Air China PhoenixMiles
- 3,050 miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 3,000 points at SAS EuroBonus
- 2,778 miles at Copa ConnectMiles
- 2,610 miles at Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 2,078 miles at ANA Mileage Club
- 1,768 miles at LATAM Pass
- 1,626 miles at Aeromexico Club Premier
- 1,500 award miles + 30 XP with FlyingBlue
- 1,500 miles with Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 1,348 miles with TAP Miles & Go
- 1,010 miles with Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 1,010 miles at Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 842 miles at South African Voyager
- 842 miles at Asiana Club
- 842 miles at EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 842 miles with EgyptAir Plus
- 842 miles at GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 842 miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 674 miles at Avianca LifeMiles
Cover photo: ©doleesi – stock.adobe.com